September 23-25: Travelers Rest Writers Retreat
Are you a published author? Or maybe you’re just starting out as an author and have started writing a book and just need some time away to work on it. If any of these scenarios apply to you, then the Travelers Rest Fall Writers Retreat sponsored by As the Page Turns is for you!
This retreat will feature:
- An engaging session with local bestselling author Deb Richardson Moore, who will speak about publishing a mystery novel, her writing process, and tips and tricks of the trade
- A seminar entitled “Finding Your Voice” by popular author coach and writer Ruth Buchanan
- Ruth will also be available to critique work, answer questions, offer advice, and be available for some “talk therapy” if you feel you need it!
- Time to explore the town of Travelers Rest, SC, which has been described as a “Hallmark-esque” town. There’s plenty of green space to work on your writing projects with NO interruptions!
- A session with TR Yoga, which will include meditations, affirmations, restorative yoga, and journaling (with prompts)
- Two nights at the Hampton Inn, which offers a full breakfast buffet
Whether you are an already published author who just needs a change of scenery to work on your WIP, a new author who would like to fellowship with other authors, or a writer who just feels the need to get away from your day-to-day writing space for fresh inspiration, you will benefit from this small-town retreat.
Not only will you gain information from the seminar and the talk, but you will also draw inspiration from a new writing space and get the time you need away from all distractions to move forward with your current WIP or brand new project.
So join us this September for this cozy, intimate writers retreat and spend some time in our charming little town!
Dates: September 23-25, 2022
Cost: $799 (early registration price! Price will increase as we get closer to retreat so register early!)
Cost includes 2 nights at The Hampton Inn, dinner (2 nights), seminar session with Ruth Buchanan, book talk by Deb Richardson Moore, and one-on-one time with Ruth Buchanan for help, critiques, Q&A, and more!
Limited capacity event in Travelers Rest, SC. Register HERE.
- June 9, 9a-10a: Am I Really a Writer?
- June 16, 9-10a: What Does Being a Writer Look Like?
- June 23, 9-10a: How Can I Find My Writing Voice?
June 30, 9-10a: How Can I Get My Work Out There?
March 18-19: MidSouth Christian Writers Conference
- Friday: “Tell Me Another: Applying Fiction Techniques to Nonfiction Writing”
- Saturday: “Fact or Fiction: Is My Story Better as a Memoir or a Novel?”